Translate

Friday 23 May 2014

Taylor Swift: I Wear Red Lipstick Because 'I Think My Face Looks Worse Without It'


Even a casual Taylor Swift observer knows that there’s no style statement that the singer loves more than a great red lip. In fact, it doesn’t surprise us to find out (via the video below) that she usually chooses her outfit based on her red lipstick of the day. So when we got to chat with Swift at a Glendale, Calif. event to celebrate Keds-wearing style icons (as well as Swift’s own collection for the line) we had to ask: How many red lipsticks does she actually have? 


“I don’t have an excessive amount! I just find one I like and use it,” she tells PEOPLE. “Right now [I'm using] Dragon Girl by NARS … I’ll go through different phases with makeup and always try new things. Except I never really get too far from red lipstick, do I? I guess I just think my face looks worse without it. That’s pretty much the only rationale behind it.” 

We also asked about her affinity for high-heeled Oxfords (she swears she doesn’t have as many as we think!) and she explained that she likes the normality of the style in an industry that’s all about the six-inch stiletto. “I really like an oxford high heel for kind of looking more like either a student or like you’re going to work,” she says, laughing. “I don’t know, there’s something [that gives me some normality]. That’s what I kind of like to channel when I’m wearing them.” 

Swift spoke to Teen Vogue editor Andrew Bevan about her own style at the Keds Style Icons event at the Nordstrom at The Americana at Brand (below) and she tells PEOPLE that she’s confident enough in her own style — and so are her many star BFFs — that she rarely shares clothes. “The one common thread between [my friends] is they know who they are and they’re very sure of who they are,” she says. “We don’t usually have the same style. If they see me wearing something, they know it’s because that’s something that represents me and they’ll wear something very different … It doesn’t really affect the conversation, what we’re wearing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment