Translate

Tuesday 25 February 2014

"Priyanka and I are friends"- Shahid




My gosh, how good-looking is Shahid!” exclaimed a friend when she spotted him at a drug store in suburban Mumbai. Yeah, that’s the effect Shahid Kapoor has on women. But the truth is, there’s more to the actor than meets the eye. Apart from the disarming charm, Shahid has a cohesive, strong sense of self…

That perhaps has helped him endure the past few years, which can well be dubbed as every actor’s nightmare. A few of his past releases did not work in his favour even though he’s blessed with the looks of a matinee idol and the soul of an artiste. But he has emerged unscathed. “A decade ago, I would stand under the hoardings in Juhu and wonder, ‘Kya ek din mere bhi hoardings yahan lagenge?’ I’d give auditions wondering if I’d ever get a chance. And now 10 years later, I have done 20 films, worked with some phenomenal filmmakers. Yeah, I’ve done some crappy movies too. But I am fortunate enough to still be getting good offers,” smiles he. “Even today, I can do a solo-hero film. So what’s not to be grateful about?” he questions.................


No comments:

Post a Comment