Translate

Tuesday 25 February 2014



First actor for Dishkiyaoon was signed for Rs. 5000



Believe it or not but when the first actor was signed for Dishkiyaoon, it was for a paltry sum of Rs. 5000. And no, it wasn't Harman Baweja who was given this royal treatment. Instead, it was the very talented Prashant Narayanan who was roped in for this sum and brought on board for an all important part of Mota Tony. 

Remembers Sanamjit Talwar, debutant writer-director of the film, "That was back then in 2011 when I had first envisioned Dishkiyaoon as a 15 minutes short film. I needed an actor for this part of Mota Tony, which was quite prominent even in the short film. Since Prashant is a friend, I could just tell him that he had to be in my film. However, I didn't have any money on me then but really wanted to shoot the film. Poor guy, he agreed and just said ki 'Yaar, kuch toh paisa de kyunki even I don't have money'. I said that 'Chal, mere paas 5000 bucks hai so you keep this. That was the first signing amount for my film..........



No comments:

Post a Comment