Translate

Sunday 30 March 2014

Vidya Balan: I will cast my vote like a responsible citizen of India

Vidya says that she has no plans to join politics, but she will cast her vote like a responsible citizen:



National award-winning actor Vidya Balan, who is on a mini break from her hectic career, says she has no plans to join politics and will stick to her acting career. “I don’t have a political bent of mind except that I will cast my vote like a responsible citizen of India,” Balan told reporters during the launch of Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM) here yesterday.

She said she was honoured to be the brand ambassador of the festival third time with the 2014 being the special one as the festival will be inaugurated by Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan on May 1.

Balan is on her two-day trip to Australia and would be returning back tonight to receive Padma Shree award on Monday in New Delhi.

Expressing her gratitude for all the awards and appreciations she has received in the past, Balan said, “As long as I get exciting parts to play, work with good filmmakers and team, I think that is what I am hoping for… Everything else follows.”....................



No comments:

Post a Comment